The evolution of companies depends a lot on technological development, which in turn can be generated by the good use of the numerous data collected during company processes. Who plays an important role in this challenge? Sick sensors!
When we talk about industry 4.0, we think at innovation processes that also involve production and logistics activities. The production and control processes are now interconnected and dynamic, enough to make the information acquisition from industrial processes become a widespread practice, able to support these highly dynamic processes. Sick industrial sensors do precisely this job, ie they are capable of collecting data and processing it later into useful information for their own activity.
Measurement data is processed and transmitted independently by the sensors, simplifying and speeding up production processes efficiently.
What is the intelligent sensors’ task in an interconnected factory?
Sensors, people and machines constantly communicate with each other in an interconnected factory, without being limited by physical barriers. All the data, in fact, are easily shared even outside, making the process more transparent, productive and profitable.
Here there are 5 benefits related to Sick precision sensors:
– Transparency in production and logistics processes (control everything and managing real-time process problems)
– Dynamic and flexible production (simplification of processes thanks to the automation process)
– Quality assurance automation (production assistance and cameras guarantee efficiency also in terms of quality verification)
– Mobile platforms in the interconnected factory (mobile robots facilitate transport and delivery services safely)
– Stimulation of human-robot collaboration (this relationship is simplified and more efficient over time)
If you are interested in deepen the topic, look at this page: www.sick.com